So you’re taking a boating quiz and you are stuck at this question: what should you do before firing a shot from a small boat?
I know that question has kept some people’s thumb in their mouth, but don’t worry I’ll help you answer that question.
Let’s take the quiz Together
Question: what should you do before firing a shot from a small boat?
- (a) stand up,
- (b) move to the bow,
- (c) move your dog and gear behind you,
- (d) stop the boat and turn off the motor, anchor or secure the boat.
The correct answer to this question is (d)
Before you fire a shot from a small boat you should stop the boat and turn off the engine, anchor (or secure) the boat.
But don’t just leave this page just like that, because I have given you the answer, you have to know why you should do that, it helps you learn better.
So let’s see why you should take action (d)
What you should do before firing a shot form a small boat ⛵ as why
As stated earlier, you should kill your engine, and anchor your boat before firing that shot, make sure that you sit down when firing the shot,
You should turn off your engine before firing a shot, because it’s safer for you and prevent risk of accident
But before taking any of these actions, try to remember if firing from a motorized boat is illegal in your country or the state where you live.
What type of Guns and Shells should you use?:
There are also legal restrictions to the type of gun and bullet you use when going for waterfowl hunting, and if you Rent A Boat Zadar you should be careful to remember the laws of Croatia
You are limited to the usage of only 3 shells and 10-gauge shotguns it smaller.
The shots you use should be approved by the US Fish and WildLife Service, if you live in the United States, as being free from toxic elements.
There are few of them I’ll list here:
- Tungsten- polymer shots
- Tungsten- Nickel -iron shots
- Steel Shots
- Tungsten Iron shots
You SHOULD NOT use sailboats (motorized) with the intent of driving out birds into the field so you can shoot them.
What kind of Motorized Vehicles are allowed?
Only, boats are allowed, you should not use cars or aircraft for waterfowl hunting, UNLESS YOU ARE DISABLED
Only hunters who may have some issues with personal locomotion or movement are allowed.
12 Security Measures to Follow while Shooting from a small Vessel:
- If you have a dog, as a personal pet, don’t take it along with you unless it’s well trained for hunting
- Never Exceed the maximum capacity of your boat, set by the producers most boats have their capacity attached to them.
- Be Informed about the local laws in your area regarding boating, and obey them.
- Flat Small bottom boats are vulnerable to getting capsized, so try to get a boat with big base and big enough.
- Try your best to reduce the concentration of weight on the boat, so that weight doesn’t fall on just one place.
- Carry Safety Equipment along with you, in case of any emergency
Here are some of the equipment I recommend:
- Oars or paddles
- Emergency Tool Kit
- First aid kit
- US Coast Guard approved life jacket
- Phone or VHF radio
- Water baler
- Know how the weather should be like for that day and equip yourself with what you’ll need to combat the weather, you can check the weather forecast online before going out.
- Make sure you ONLY fire shots from your boats / Vessel when you have killed the machine and it has now come to a stop and anchored
- Take a seat while Shooting, so you don’t fall off the boat and you are stable.
- If your area required a hunting permit or something like that, make sure you have it.
- Know the laws in your state regarding firearms on a boat ⛵
I hope this article helps you answer the question:
What Should You Do Before Firing A Shot From a Small Boat?
You should know that Firing shots comes with a lot of risks and should be done properly.